These Air Fryer Whole-Wheat Pizzas will prove to you how versatile your air fryer can be. Whole-wheat pitas make a great fiber rich crust, baking nicely and having crisp texture. You can customize your pizzas by using different ingredients and toppings each time, but remember the whole idea of using an air fryer is to eat healthier and more nutritious meals.
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
- 2 whole-wheat pita rounds
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (1 oz.)
- 1 small plum tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 ounce shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 1 Tbsp.)
Spread marinara sauce evenly over 1 side of each pita bread. Top with half each of the spinach leaves, tomato slices, garlic, and cheeses.
Place 1 pita in air fryer basket, and cook at 350°F until cheese is melted and pita is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining pita.